    How can I make use of ListItemType.Separator with DataGrid? I can't seem to
    find where to enable it or set its format. Thanks.

    -Oleg.

    Oleg Ogurok, Aug 13, 2003

  2. Oleg Ogurok

    Oleg Ogurok Guest

    I'm trying to implement sub-total rows, and I was thinking about using
    separators for that. Is there a way?

    -Oleg.

    "Alvin Bruney" <vapordan_spam_me_not@hotmail_no_spamhotmail.com> wrote in
    message news:%...

    Oleg Ogurok, Aug 14, 2003

  3. Oleg Ogurok

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    you can do the same with a row or two.

    if row 1 thru 10 has your items and you need a subtotal on row 11, remove
    all of the cells except the first one in row 11. then use the first cell's
    rowspan property to stretch from one end of the grid to the other. add
    "-----" to the text property of that spanned cell. this will create a totals
    effect. on the 12 row, use the dataset's compute property to total rows 1
    thru 10 and stick the result in row 12 underneath the "--------"
    your grid would look like
    [snip]
    10