    Does anybody know how to realise it in c or c++?

    Thanks

    sarah

    sarah, Aug 17, 2003

  2. sarah

    Jim Fischer Guest

    sarah wrote:
    > hI,
    >
    > I have a project. I need to realise serial communication between PC
    > and Altera FPGA in c or c++. The function of FPGA is working well. it
    > can send data to uart.
    >
    > Does anybody know how to realise it in c or c++?

    There is no built in support for any type of I/O port in the standard
    C/C++ libraries. So your only option is to use platform-specific code in
    your C/C++ program -- e.g., custom libraries, operating system services,
    etc.

    For this particular question, your best bet would be to ask for help in
    the newsgroups and/or mailing lists that are dedicated to programming
    issues for the specific OS/hardware platform you're working with --
    e.g., the Linux programming newsgroups; the Win32 programming
    newsgroups; the MacOS programming newsgroups, etc. Those are the folks
    who can help you with C/C++ programming questions that do not have
    "standard C/C++" answers.

    FWIW, the Google (http://www.google.com) search engine is your friend!
    ;-) For example, if you want to write a C/C++ program for a PC running
    Microsoft Windows 2000, and you want that C/C++ program to use the
    serial port, try a Google search using the following words:

    microsoft windows 2000 serial port C++

    --
    Jim

    To reply by email, remove "link" and change "now.here" to "yahoo"
    jfischer_link5809{at}now.here.com

    Jim Fischer, Aug 17, 2003