Serialize java objects into XML ?

H.Mittermaier

Hello,

I'm searching for an easy way to serialize java objects into XML.
As I see, the binary serialisation is well supported by interface
java.io.Serializable.
Is there a similar easy approach to serialize / deserialize from/to XML
without writing a bunch of DOM code?

Thank you ! Heiner

Anton Spaans

H.Mittermaier said:
Hello,

I'm searching for an easy way to serialize java objects into XML.
As I see, the binary serialisation is well supported by interface
java.io.Serializable.
Is there a similar easy approach to serialize / deserialize from/to XML
without writing a bunch of DOM code?

Thank you ! Heiner

There are frameworks that do that for you.
As an example, we use Castor (http://castor.exolab.org)

-- Anton

iksrazal

H.Mittermaier said:
Hello,

I'm searching for an easy way to serialize java objects into XML.
As I see, the binary serialisation is well supported by interface
java.io.Serializable.
Is there a similar easy approach to serialize / deserialize from/to XML
without writing a bunch of DOM code?

Thank you ! Heiner

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/beans/XMLEncoder.html

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2004/05/05/jaxb.html

I've never used XMLEncoder/XMLDecoder , but I am going thru an JAXB
refactoring and after a few days using it, I like it a lot.

Outsource to an American programmer living in brazil!
http://www.braziloutsource.com/
iksrazal