Serializing custom exception through a webmethod call.

Matt

How do I xml serialize a custom exception so it can be included as a
parameter on my webmethod? See extra details below.

I have an audit web service which attempts to log exceptions to a database.

The web method looks like:

<WebMethod(Description:="Log process message.")> _
Public Function AddProcessMessage( _
ByVal ProcessExecutionKey As Long, _
ByVal AppEx As UserException) As Boolean

' Returns true if successfully logs the message and the AppEx log
flag will also be set to true.
Return ProcessExecution.AddProcessMessage(ProcessExecutionKey, AppEx )
End Function

This generates an error complaining about security permissions on the base
exception class 'TargetSite' property.