    Any help tracking down this problem would be greatly
    appreciated.

    -Darren-

    Darren Bennett, Oct 17, 2003

  2. Check if web.config is set to impersonate IUSR ( in case
    yes, check the access rights of IUSER).

    Alternatively, you can try to run Aspnet_regiis with -i
    option Also.

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?
    url=/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/proddocs/standar
    d/aaconaspnetiisregistrationtoolaspnet_regiisexe.asp

    Hope this helps..

    Avneesh

    Avneesh Kumar, Oct 17, 2003

  3. Hi Darren,

    I noticed that you asked the same question at the following post in this
    group:

    ASP.NET Server Error

    I have replied you in that thread. Please check it when you have time.
    Thank you for your understanding.

    Best regards,

    Jacob Yang
    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    Jacob Yang [MSFT], Oct 17, 2003
  4. Hi Avneesh,

    Thanks for your reply. I have just tried both of your
    suggestions but neither of them has fixed the problem.

    Does anyone have any other suggestions?

    Thnaks,

    ~Darren~

    Darren Bennett, Oct 17, 2003
  5. Hi Jacob,

    Thanks for your reply. The reason I posted my question
    again was because I couldn't see my original posting from
    yesterday.

    I'm using IE6 to browser the newsgroup and still can't
    find my orginal posting. Can you please post your answer
    again?

    Thanks,

    ~Darren~

    confers no rights.

    Darren Bennett, Oct 17, 2003
  6. Hi Darren,

    The following is my answer for this issue. Please check it when you have
    time.

    ====================================
    From: (Jacob Yang [MSFT])
    Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 01:27:07 GMT
    Subject: RE: ASP.NET Server Error
    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

    Hi Darren,

    Firstly I want to thank Natty for the great help in this issue.

    Based on my research and experience, the possible reason of this issue is
    that the ASPNET account does not have the privilege mentioned in the
    articles
    below.

    824308 BUG: IWAM Account Is Not Granted the Impersonate Privilege for
    ASP.NET
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=824308
    821546 Overview of the "Impersonate a Client After Authentication" and the
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821546

    The solution is adding ASPNET account to the "Impersonate a client after
    authentication". Please refer to the mentioned Knowledge Base articles
    carefully for this issue.

    "...
    This article discusses the "Impersonate a client after authentication" and
    "Create global objects" user rights. These new security settings were first
    introduced in Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 (SP4) and help to increase
    security in Windows 2000.
    ..
    After you install Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 (SP4) on your computer, some
    programs that use impersonation may not work correctly.
    ..
    "

    I hope it helps.

    Jacob Yang [MSFT], Oct 17, 2003
  7. Hi Jacob,

    Many thanks for your fantastic support - the problem is
    now fixed.

    Best regards,

    ~Darren~

    Darren Bennett, Oct 20, 2003