Server.Execute generates "Thread was being aborted"

Neil

Hi,

Long story short, we use "Server.Execute" to grab the output from an
ASPX page ...

Server.Execute("page.aspx", textWriter);

We've noticed that intermittantly, we get a "Thread was being aborted"
error when this method is called.

Anyone any ideas where to start looking?
Is this likely to be caused by a problem in the "page.aspx"?

Thanks for any help

Meil

bruce barker

most likely the page is doing a redirect, which will cause this error.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

George

My guess would be that page.aspx makes a call to Response.End or
Response.Redirect

George.

Neil

I've a stack trace from catching the exception when "Server.Execute"
is called:

at System.Web.HttpContext.InvokeCancellableCallback(WaitCallback
callback, Object state)
at System.Web.UI.Page.AsyncPageBeginProcessRequest(HttpContext
context, AsyncCallback callback, Object extraData)
at ASP.range_rx_index_aspx.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context,
AsyncCallback cb, Object data)
at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.ExecuteInternal(IHttpHandler
handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean
setPreviousPage, VirtualPath path, VirtualPath filePath, String
physPath, Exception error, String queryStringOverride)
at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(String path, TextWriter
writer, Boolean preserveForm)
at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(String path, TextWriter
writer)
at HttpProxy.ExecuteLocal(String url, Dictionary`2
queryStringVariables, Boolean keepOriginalVariables, Boolean cachable)
at HttpProxy.ExecuteLocal(String url, Boolean cachable)
at RetrieveContent.CallHttpProxy()
at RetrieveContent.RefreshContent()
at ASP.range_index_aspx.RenderContent(Boolean fromHistory)

I've looked at the page in question, "range_rx_index_aspx", but
haven't found any obvious "Response.Redirect" or "Response.End".
Anyone any advice on how to track this one down?

Cheers

Neil

[...]

Noticed that the page being executed is missing a image, which
generates a 404, which is being handled by our custom 404 page. Could
this be the cause of the aborted thread?

Cheers

Neil