Server.Execute generates "Thread was being aborted"

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Neil, Oct 11, 2008.

  1. Neil

    Neil Guest

    Hi,

    Long story short, we use "Server.Execute" to grab the output from an
    ASPX page ...

    Server.Execute("page.aspx", textWriter);

    We've noticed that intermittantly, we get a "Thread was being aborted"
    error when this method is called.

    Anyone any ideas where to start looking?
    Is this likely to be caused by a problem in the "page.aspx"?

    Thanks for any help

    Meil

    Neil, Oct 11, 2008

  2. Neil

    bruce barker Guest

    most likely the page is doing a redirect, which will cause this error.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Oct 11, 2008

  3. Neil

    George Guest

    My guess would be that page.aspx makes a call to Response.End or
    Response.Redirect

    George.

    George, Oct 11, 2008
  4. Neil

    Neil Guest

    I've a stack trace from catching the exception when "Server.Execute"
    is called:

    at System.Web.HttpContext.InvokeCancellableCallback(WaitCallback
    callback, Object state)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.AsyncPageBeginProcessRequest(HttpContext
    context, AsyncCallback callback, Object extraData)
    at ASP.range_rx_index_aspx.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context,
    AsyncCallback cb, Object data)
    at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.ExecuteInternal(IHttpHandler
    handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean
    setPreviousPage, VirtualPath path, VirtualPath filePath, String
    physPath, Exception error, String queryStringOverride)
    at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(String path, TextWriter
    writer, Boolean preserveForm)
    at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(String path, TextWriter
    writer)
    at HttpProxy.ExecuteLocal(String url, Dictionary`2
    queryStringVariables, Boolean keepOriginalVariables, Boolean cachable)
    at HttpProxy.ExecuteLocal(String url, Boolean cachable)
    at RetrieveContent.CallHttpProxy()
    at RetrieveContent.RefreshContent()
    at ASP.range_index_aspx.RenderContent(Boolean fromHistory)

    I've looked at the page in question, "range_rx_index_aspx", but
    haven't found any obvious "Response.Redirect" or "Response.End".
    Anyone any advice on how to track this one down?

    Cheers

    Neil

    Neil, Oct 12, 2008
  5. Neil

    Neil Guest

    On 12 Oct, 16:55, Neil <> wrote:
    > I've a stack trace from catching the exception when "Server.Execute"
    > is called:
    >
    >   at System.Web.HttpContext.InvokeCancellableCallback(WaitCallback
    > callback, Object state)
    >   at System.Web.UI.Page.AsyncPageBeginProcessRequest(HttpContext
    > context, AsyncCallback callback, Object extraData)
    >   at ASP.range_rx_index_aspx.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context,
    > AsyncCallback cb, Object data)
    >   at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.ExecuteInternal(IHttpHandler
    > handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean
    > setPreviousPage, VirtualPath path, VirtualPath filePath, String
    > physPath, Exception error, String queryStringOverride)
    >   at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(String path, TextWriter
    > writer, Boolean preserveForm)
    >   at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(String path, TextWriter
    > writer)
    >   at HttpProxy.ExecuteLocal(String url, Dictionary`2
    > queryStringVariables, Boolean keepOriginalVariables, Boolean cachable)
    >   at HttpProxy.ExecuteLocal(String url, Boolean cachable)
    >   at RetrieveContent.CallHttpProxy()
    >   at RetrieveContent.RefreshContent()
    >   at ASP.range_index_aspx.RenderContent(Boolean fromHistory)
    >
    > I've looked at the page in question, "range_rx_index_aspx", but
    > haven't found any obvious "Response.Redirect" or "Response.End".
    > Anyone any advice on how to track this one down?
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Neil

    Noticed that the page being executed is missing a image, which
    generates a 404, which is being handled by our custom 404 page. Could
    this be the cause of the aborted thread?

    Cheers

    Neil

    Neil, Oct 12, 2008