server.execute return value??

JT

i hope no one is getting sick of my server.execute/transfer questions..

does server.execute return a value? im wondering what happens if an error
occurs in the .asp file that i'm calling with the server.execute command??
is there a value/flag i can set in the case of an error that can be seen
once i return to the calling page? if not i was thinking that i would have
to use a session variable for my error handling.

i want to stay true to the model, view, control architecture so i don't want
to simply redirect in the case of an error - i want to send a value back to
my control page which will decide where to go.

tia
jt

Ray at

does server.execute return a value?

No, I don't believe so, but you can pass values in session variables or
application variables.

page1.asp:

<%
Server.Execute "page2.asp"
Response.Write "The value is " & Session("ReturnVal")
%>

page2.asp:
<%
Session("ReturnVal") = "something"