Server.Execute

Elie Grouchko

Hi All

In file '1.asp' I call Server.CreateObject("a") to create an instance of
object 'a'.

I then call Server.Execute("2.asp") and want to pass the reference to the
object 'a' I just created to the script executing in '2.asp'. Session
cookies are not enabled so there is no session object.

Does anyone know if there is any documented way of doing that? or if there
is a good/right solution to this problem?

Many thanks

Elie Grouchko

MSFT

Hi Elie,

Thank you for using MSDN Newsgroup. I am Luke and I am review this issue
currently. As I understand, you has created an object "a" in ASP page
"1.asp" and redirect to "2.asp" with Server.execute method, you want get
the reference to "2.asp" and reuse it in "2.asp". And the session is not
avalible in this case.

Regarding the problem, I think we may have two work around:

1. Use Application variant instand, for example:

set application("UserID")=MyObject

In another pager, we can access the object with UserID from application
variant. However, large object and huge users may cause the ASP application
consume too much memory.

2. Only save the properties of a object in application variant or database,
and re-create the object with these properties in another page.

Hope this help,

Luke
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security