Server hangs

Jon Davis

What might cause an ASP.NET server to hang when clicking on "Submit"?

I just moved an ASP.NET web application (which I built) from a shared web
host to my own IIS server. I moved the data to my own SQL server 2000
installation (on same machine as the web app) as well. But now when a user
clicks on "submit" on one of the pages, it freezes; Internet Explorer just
keeps showing it's busy navigating, but the new page never shows up.

Says a client,
"I am having difficulty with the [web site]. I have some kind of a glitch
on the [specific] page and cannot get it to SUBMIT. The progress bar goes
about 40% of the way across and then hangs there. At that point I cannot
use the CONTACT button or the LOG OUT button and must exit the internet.
"When I re-enter the internet, log on to [the site] again and pull up the
[specific] page, all my previous data is still there. Do you have access to
it, and if so, do you see something that I have done incorrectly. I have
been struggling with this for almost a week."

Where do I begin to look for the cause of this problem?

Jon