Server hangs

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jon Davis, May 3, 2004.

  1. Jon Davis

    Jon Davis Guest

    What might cause an ASP.NET server to hang when clicking on "Submit"?

    I just moved an ASP.NET web application (which I built) from a shared web
    host to my own IIS server. I moved the data to my own SQL server 2000
    installation (on same machine as the web app) as well. But now when a user
    clicks on "submit" on one of the pages, it freezes; Internet Explorer just
    keeps showing it's busy navigating, but the new page never shows up.

    Says a client,
    "I am having difficulty with the [web site]. I have some kind of a glitch
    on the [specific] page and cannot get it to SUBMIT. The progress bar goes
    about 40% of the way across and then hangs there. At that point I cannot
    use the CONTACT button or the LOG OUT button and must exit the internet.
    "When I re-enter the internet, log on to [the site] again and pull up the
    [specific] page, all my previous data is still there. Do you have access to
    it, and if so, do you see something that I have done incorrectly. I have
    been struggling with this for almost a week."

    Where do I begin to look for the cause of this problem?

    Jon

    Jon Davis, May 3, 2004