Server has rejected the client credentials

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by danielmoreshet@gmail.com, Aug 3, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Hello, I need help.

    I've built a remoting application.
    I made the client and server "according to the book".
    On the same machine it worked fine, but when I put on two machines (on
    the same Lan and same domain)
    I got this error "The server rejected the client credentials".
    This are the methods in the client side:
    private void RegisterChannel()

    {

    TcpChannel chan = new TcpChannel();

    ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(chan,true);

    }

    private ServerTest GetServerTestObj()

    {

    return (ServerTest)Activator.GetObject(typeof(ServerTest), "tcp://
    192.168.10.13:8085/ServerTest");

    }

    I've looked through a lot of sites to find an answer, and the only I
    found was of

    Steven Cheng, who suggested the following fix:

    1. In ControlPanel --> AdministrativeTools --> LocalSecuritySettings --

    UserRightsAssignment, Add either 'Everyone' or 'AuthenticatedUsers' to
    the
    'Access This Computer From The Network' Policy. (This might be what
    is
    happening when a printer or folder is shared)

    2. In ControlPanel --> AdministrativeTools --> LocalSecuritySettings --

    SecurityOptions, Set the 'Network access: Sharing and security model
    for
    local accounts' to 'classic - local users authenticate as themselves'.
    (I
    think this solves the second issue. if this is not done then
    impersonation
    and also 'protectionLevel' other than 'None' does not work.

    My Problem is:

    I've checked both issues on my server side and both were as
    suggested,

    UserRightsAssignment includes Everyone, and, 'Network access: Sharing
    and security model for
    local accounts' to 'classic - local users authenticate as themselves'

    So what else could be my problem ?

    If steven reads my post' please try to help, I am stuck in the middle
    of a project.

    Thanks, Daniel.
    , Aug 3, 2008