    Can anyone give me a reason why server.transfer won't work on one
    person machine but will work on another person machine? We're using
    the same code base when running the web app.
    John, Nov 13, 2003

  2. Hi John,

    Based on my research and experience, I have the following suggestions for
    your reference.

    1. Check the IIS version of the problem machine. Is it IIS 5.0 or above IIS
    5.0? Is it the same as another machine?

    2. Please test the following simple MSDN sample on the problem machine.

    Server.Transfer
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/iisref/htm/
    ref_vbom_seromtr.asp
    "...
    The following example demonstrates transferring from one .asp file to
    another, as well as sending the session identifier to the client.
    ..."

    3. If the MSDN sample works fine, there should be some problems in your
    application, I need to a simple testing sample to reproduce the problem.

    4. If the MSDN sample does not work, there should be some problems in your
    IIS configuration, please provide the detailed error message.

    I hope it helps.

    Best regards,

    Jacob Yang
    Microsoft Online Partner Support
    Jacob Yang [MSFT], Nov 14, 2003

  3. John

    John Guest

    Hi Jacob, I'm using iis 5.0. Other machines also uses 5.0 and 5.1. I
    created a simple web app with 2 aspx pages and used the
    server.transfer method. It works fine. I'm not sure if there is a
    problem with the application because my machine is the only one that
    has this problem.

    Could there be any configuration settings to IIS that could cause this
    problem or could this be some kind of persmission problem on my
    machine?

    John, Nov 14, 2003
  4. Hi John,

    Thank you for your update.

    As I have mentioned before, if the MSDN sample works fine, there should be
    some problems in this special application. Please try the following steps
    on your side.

    1. Restart IIS firstly.

    2. Create a new web application and add your code to this new web
    application step by step to check when the error occurs.

    In addition, please tell me the detailed error message when the
    server.transfer Error occurs.

    On the other hand, I agree with you that it may be some kind of permission
    problem. Please try to add the ASPNET account (or the other accounts if you
    have impersonated a Specific User for All the Requests of an ASP.NET
    Application) to the administrators group. Then test this issue again.

    Jacob Yang [MSFT], Nov 17, 2003