error executing child request for... "permission" security

rico.fabrini

Hello Everyone,

I've suddenly started running into the error

"error executing child request for Page.aspx"
when doing a Server.Transfer("Page.aspx");

That's on a Win2003 Server machine.

This same code works fine on another Win2003 Server machine, and a
Win2K
machine.
The prior version of the code works fine on all machines.

After hours of installing/uninstalling/reinstalling back I came across
post
from 2003 in m.p.d.f.aspnet which proved The most useful so far.
I was able to get the code to work, i.e Page.aspx to finally load, by
adding
ASPNET and IUSR_machinename to the Administrators group temporarily.

Replacing Page.aspx in the latest version of the program, with
Page.aspx
from
the prior working version of the software had seen the same problem
persist.

My question is, if it's a permissions issue, then where could it be
set and
how would it come about? It's just a Server.Transfer(), no access to
the
filesystem
(yet).. Just asking for a page that had been loaded countless times
before
in
earlier versions.

If someone could help shed some light here, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks.

Rico.

Steve

Check the file permissions on Page.aspx, so that the ASP.NET worker
process's user account (ASPNET) has access to the file.

Steve C.
MCAD,MCSE,MCP+I,CNE,CNA,CCNA

rico.fabrini

Check the file permissions on Page.aspx, so that the ASP.NET worker
process's user account (ASPNET) has access to the file.

Thanks. It seems it's IIS_WPG that's the relevant process account here
on Windows 2003 Server.
From what I've checked, the permissions for Page.aspx are no different
from other pages
that are successfully loaded or transferred to using
Server.Transfer( ).
I mean, I can do Server.Transfer( "FileDownload.aspx" ) and download
pdf files, but suddenly
Page.aspx with normal controls won't load anymore until I add
IUSR_machinename to administrators.

And that's with the pages set to allow IIS_WPG Read and Execute access
rights, while IUSR_machinename
is explicitly denied Write and Special Permissions. Now, even after
removing IUSR_machinename
from administrators group, and restarting IIS, the application seems
to be working fine.

Rico.