server.xml problem

Tal

Hi Guys,

I'm a little new here, so forgive me if I am not following the proper
conduct for posting a question :->

and for the question:

When I pass my web application some parameters via the web.xml as
follows

<context-param>
<param-name>httpIp</param-name>
<param-value>http://173.22.65.123:8080</param-value>
<description>Http server ip</description>
</context-param>

I mange to access the context parameter with no problem.

The trouble is that I want to be able to pass the parameter from
outside the war file, and for that tried to put the parameter in the
server.xml, only to find out that whenever I add the context element
to the server.xml as follows:

<Context path="I4Web/" docBase="I4Web">
</Context>

The server ignores the I4Web.war, and starts without exploding it.

my appBase is configured to webapps which is where I put the war file
of course.
Forgot to mention I run tomcat 4.1.18 but also tried it on 4.1.29 and
it's the same problem.

Any suggestion will be gladly accepted