ServerXMLHTTP and Double-byte Encoding

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Jen, Dec 8, 2005.

  1. Jen

    Jen Guest

    Hello,

    I am trying to use ServerXMLHTTP to post data containing Japanese
    characters, but the data posts as question marks, boxes or just random ascii
    characters.

    Here is the code I am using:

    set xmlHTTPObj = Server.CreateObject("Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP")
    xmlHTTPObj.Open "POST",
    "http://www.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8", False
    xmlHTTPObj.setRequestHeader "Content-Type",
    "application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8"
    xmlHTTPObj.Send strQuery

    Response.write xmlHTTPObj.responseText
    set xmlHTTPObj = nothing

    Is there something I'm missing in there? Also, I don't know if this makes
    any difference, but we do not have the Japanese language pack installed on
    our web server.

    Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks!

    Jen, Dec 8, 2005

  2. Jen

    Guest

    Were you able to find an answer to this? I'm having the same issue.
    Thanks.

    , Dec 21, 2005