Servlets & vista client

JimmyHoffa

Hey All,

I have run into a very very puzzling scenario. A problem which is only
evident on Vista clients. Now before anyone shouts at me saying its
not a servlet problem, perhaps not but perhaps I need to do something
to my servlet to get it working on vista...

The problem : I have a servlet which returns configuration information
in the form of encoded text. It can either be downloaded by clicking
on a link or via a desktop application.

The desktop application download wasnt working so this was when I
started to investigate.

Now I do not have any problems on XP, in either firefox, I.E 6 or I.E.
7, And neither do I have a problem on Vista I.E. if I download via
HTTPS, BUT when I call the URL via ordinary http I get the weirdest
behaviour..

The download begins ok, It reads the headers fine as it tells me the
file size and gives me the save as prompt as expected.. Then when it
begins to download.. (bear in mind I'm using dialup) the first 6 or 7k
bytes come down ok.. then it gets slower and slower.. until eventually
its 0 bytes/sec

Can anyone suggest what may be the cause of this ? I've fiddled with
the servlet, fiddled with security settings on I.E. but nothing seems
to make a difference. I do find it odd it works fine via https, but
http has the problem.

Rgds, Dave

JimmyHoffa

After testing with Firefox, the problem is still apparent. So its not
just I.E on vista its something lower level.

Could it be the servlet, mod/jk or apache on the server that vista is
communicating in some weird way with to cause this behaviour, i'm
totally stumped.