    employer's Vista configuration?

    TIA,

    /Martin

    Martin Schöön, Jun 19, 2009

  2. Martin Schöön

    David Lyon Guest

    On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 10:16:39 +0200, (Martin
    Schöön) wrote:
    > Here is my problem. When I use it on a Vista box its
    > user interface is very, very slow when it comes to
    > some but not all operations. On any other Windows
    > version it reacts instantaneously. I have not tried
    > Task Coach on Linux or Solaris (yet).
    >
    > Is this how wxPython or Python works on Vista in
    > general or is this the result of some local oddity on my
    > employer's Vista configuration?

    I have encountered the same thing on XP in one instance
    on a development box. For some reason, wxpython just
    grinds to a halt.

    I couldn't solve it and reimaged the O/S... that
    fixed it...

    David

    David Lyon, Jun 19, 2009

  3. David Lyon <> writes:

    > On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 10:16:39 +0200, (Martin
    > Schöön) wrote:
    >> Here is my problem. When I use it on a Vista box its
    >> user interface is very, very slow when it comes to
    >> some but not all operations. On any other Windows
    >> version it reacts instantaneously. I have not tried
    >> Task Coach on Linux or Solaris (yet).
    >>
    >> Is this how wxPython or Python works on Vista in
    >> general or is this the result of some local oddity on my
    >> employer's Vista configuration?

    > I have encountered the same thing on XP in one instance
    > on a development box. For some reason, wxpython just
    > grinds to a halt.
    >
    > I couldn't solve it and reimaged the O/S... that
    > fixed it...

    Reimaged?

    Since my first post on this I have installed the very latest
    version of Task Coach and Vista has been through an SP1 install.

    The GUI speed issue remains despite this.

    /Martin

    Martin Schöön, Jun 25, 2009