Session breaking on redirect

Hrvoje Vrbanc

Hello all,

I have recently encountered a very strange problem: on every redirect from a
codebehind page, sessions break.
A varible is correctly stored in a session on a page and then, when a
redirect occurs (on the click of the button, for example), the session is
immediately empty when a new page loads.

I'm aware of all the situations when session gets reset and none of it is
the case here (timeout, app pool recycle, app recompiling, etc.).

It happens in let's say 9 out of 10 cases, so not every time, adding more
confusion.

The environment is ASP.NET 1.1, sessions are stored InProc, timeout is 5
hours, there's a MS CMS 2002 installation there, but the same thing happens
on the CMS site and on the other sites on the same machine that are
indepedent from CMS.

It worked OK for years and the the problem suddenly started occuring.

What could be the cause?

Thank you in advance,
Hrvoje

George Ter-Saakov

For browser http://www.mysite.com and http://mysite.com is 2 diferent sites
(even if in reality it's the same site)
So it will not pass cookies from one to another hence session might seem to
be lost..

so check how you redirect. Do you use full path with server name (or IP
address)?

George.

Hrvoje Vrbanc

Thanks!
However, it's not a problem - all the redirectings are relative, besides,
they worked, in some cases for years.
As the server is located within LAN and published out through ISA Server, I
suspect ISA 2006 to be the root of the problem...

Hrvoje