Session / Clustered Servers

Rob Meade

Hi all,

At work we have 2 servers in a cluster for our web apps.

One problem we have experienced (along with many others!) - is that if a
user is logged into one of the applications on server a for example and it
goes offline or fails their session is lost also - even though the
application becomes available on server b.

I have heard that it is possible to either exchange the sessions between
clustered servers or store them in a SQL Server database (probably
preferred) so that we could then restore them if such a failure should
occur.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Or give me some URL's to check out
and read.

Sorry this isn't a 100% pure IIS question - its obviously partly ASP also.

Regards

Robb

PS: Windows 2000 servers, SP3, Application Center 2000 SP1 (sp2 about to be
applied), SQL Server 2000 SP2 (sp3 about to be applied).