    Any advise ? or sample or link ? will be appreciated. Thanks.

    Magix
    , Jan 11, 2008

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a portal with logon session coded in ASP. From the Portal Main
    > screen, i access to a popup-window screen to do my activity.
    > Whenever session expired, the popup-window screen will redirect to
    > logon page, but this is not what I intended Normally when session
    > expired, and if you click any in the portal main screen, it will
    > redirect to logon page, and this is fine.
    >
    > For popup windows screen, what I want is that:
    > when session expired, it will do following:
    > - close the pop-up windows, and
    > - alert user that session expired, redirect to logon page
    > - redirect the main screen to logon page
    >
    > Any advise ? or sample or link ? will be appreciated. Thanks.

    I can think of no robust solution.

    You may be able to name the main window during the logon page load and give
    each popup window a name when opening it. During logon page load if the
    window it is loading in has a name indicating it is the popup window you
    could open the logon window again in with the main window name as a target.

    I can't think how you could close existing popups you would need to track
    them somehow but I don't know of a remotely reliable way to do this.

    Making any of this cross-browser may well be a serious headache as well.

    It may be better to seek a way to ensure that any window currently showing
    content from your site does something that keeps the session alive, like
    refreshing every 5 mins or something like that.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET
    Anthony Jones, Jan 11, 2008