session expiration

Kasumo Morris

Hello all,

Here is an interesting question about the asp.net session cookie in an
application with forms authentication. In my web.config I have set both the
session and forms authentication timeout value to be the same with sliding
expiration. My question is which timeout value is adjusted with each
browser request to the session. From what I am observing the forms
authentication timeout is being extended and not the session cookie, thus I
am getting a redirect to my login page.

Any ideas on what needs to be set in web.config or some where else in code
to get the desired behavior of having both timeout values extended with each
request.

Thanks in advance,

Kasumo

Guest

Both the Session and the FormsAuth are sliding expirations. That means if
they are both set for 30 minutes, and you start a session, wait 10 minutes,
and then request a page, they both get reset to 30 minutes.
Peter