    my session expires within about 5-10 mins at different pages. I used
    "InProc" as the session state mode. Any help is appreciated.

    , Oct 18, 2005

  2. Niraj Ranka Guest

    Hello,

    Sorry i don't know the answer.. but can u let me know how can we set the
    session timeout option in global.asax file.

    The one option i knew was to set the sesstion timeout in web.config file.

    Regards,
    Niraj Ranka

    Niraj Ranka, Oct 18, 2005

  3. Mark Rae Guest

    > Sorry i don't know the answer.. but can u let me know how can we set the
    > session timeout option in global.asax file.

    protected void Session_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    Session.Timeout = 20;
    }

    Mark Rae, Oct 18, 2005
  4. shailpatel83

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2009
    Messages:
    9
    session expires

    I found settings in IIS that affects session being lost if you are using In-Proc session state.

    Right click on application pool -> properties

    Recycling Tab -> "Recycle worker process (in minutes)" if this option is checked, make sure time set here should be the same as session timeout set in web.config

    Performance Tab -> "Shutdown worker processes after being ideal for" Make sure time set here should be the same as session timeout set in web.config

    Hope this resolves your issue.

    Check this out patelshailesh.com/index.php/session-expires-before-timeout-value-specified-in-web-config

    shailpatel83, Apr 15, 2010