Session ID is changing

Guest

I have written a shopping cart using ASP .NET (VB). It has been running
quite successfully on a site for about a year or so. I use the SessionID to
hold information on the shopping cart.

I have copy / pasted the code into a new site. Everything is working,
EXCEPT for the shopping cart holding the SessionID. I have watched the
variable, and each time I hit the 'Update' button in a datagrid, the session
ID changes. That is a HUGE problem, and I am about to throw a computer out a
window.

The session ID is supposed to stay the same!!! Where do I look? The sites
are on the same server. IIS 6.0 W2K3 server and updated patches.

I was supposed to have this done this weekend, and would have, with plenty
of time to watch football, if the Session ID would work as intended (or at
least how it is working on the other site)

HELP!

Thanks in advance,

Scott Allen

Hi Brad:

Anychance the browser is not accepting cookies? For IE, do you have a
privacy warning icon in the lower right of the status bar? It may be
blocking cookies which are needed to wire up the correct session.

Guest

Hi Brad,
Did Scott advice did work:)
Guess your IE isn't accepting cookies so no correct Seesions.
Web Servers gives out SessionID so guess it whould work..
GDLUCK!

Guest

Browser is accepting cookies for that site. Thanks for having me check!

I do have the cookieless session state set to false. I had tried setting it
to true, with the same results.

Guest

No redirect. I read that article, and I don't see anything else that might
be an issue.