session id

bushi

hi everyone!
i have a web application,i want to get unique session
id for each visitor.session id should not assigned by me like:
session["s_id"]=index;
is it possible to assign a session id automatically when a client
visit my webpage?i will wait 4 any help anxiously as i got stuck at
that point.

Mark Rae

hi everyone!
i have a web application,i want to get unique session
id for each visitor.session id should not assigned by me like:
session["s_id"]=index;
is it possible to assign a session id automatically when a client
visit my webpage?i will wait 4 any help anxiously as i got stuck at
that point.

Well, at the risk of stating the obvious, why don't you just use the
Session.SessionID...? :)

Laurent Bugnion, MVP

Hi,
hi everyone!
i have a web application,i want to get unique session
id for each visitor.session id should not assigned by me like:
session["s_id"]=index;
is it possible to assign a session id automatically when a client
visit my webpage?i will wait 4 any help anxiously as i got stuck at
that point.

Others suggested Session.SessionID, which is obviously the way to go.
However, you should read that:

http://geekswithblogs.net/lbugnion/archive/2007/02/25/107243.aspx

HTH,
Laurent