Session in iframe

John Shum

My application, written in ASP.net, require some compulsory information
from Session variables to load, these variables, will prepare from the
logon pages. As I need to prepare a short-cut for another system
written in another languages and in different server, to load some
pages directly, I prepare a short-cut form, that prepare those required
session variable, and redirect user to the desired page.

The page work fine when it run in an independent browser session. But
in case I call that page from another application as an iframe, the
session variables seems cannot pass from the short-cut page to the
desired page.

At this moment, I can only prepare the Session variables in a popup
page when the form is called, and redirect user to the desired page
after session variables are initialized.

But if it is possible to resolve this problem without using a new
window? As user feel that it is annoying even it only appear for a
couple of seconds.

Regards,
John