    killed when the user is closes their browser?

    Please advise.
    rafael

    Rafael Chemtob, Feb 11, 2004

  2. Rafael Chemtob wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm using session cookies on my web app and it looks like the session
    > is not being killed when the user closes the browser. We use a
    > Global.asa file on our app. Do we have to explicitly write to close
    > the session or does it get killed when the user is closes their
    > browser?
    >
    > Please advise.
    > rafael

    The server does not "know" when a user closes his browser, so it cannot kill
    a session when that occurs. there are only two situations where the server
    will kill a session:

    1. A page issues a Session.Abandon command
    2. The session times out

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Feb 11, 2004

  3. hi,
    is there a possibility of doing this on unload event of window, use
    session.abandon method?
    thanks,

    Vlmar Brazão de Oliveira
    Desenvolvimento Web
    HI-TEC

    Vilmar Brazão de Oliveira, Feb 12, 2004
  4. Rafael Chemtob

    Mark Schupp Guest

    You would have to perform a request to the server from the unload event.
    session.abandon is a server-side scripting function.
    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Feb 12, 2004
  5. ok, but send me a sample of that running.
    thanks

    --

    Sem mais,

    Vlmar Brazão de Oliveira