Session["somevalue"] in Global.asax

dejavue82

Hi,

Is it possible to read from a Session["somevalue"] object in one of the
Global.asax events?
I'm wondering, since I'm not sure if there is one instance of
Global.asax running per app or one for each request.

Thank you.

Regards,

Jim

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

One per app. Session start events fire after the application is loaded so it
is available.

dejavue82

Hmmm... but the Global.asax file can perform different tasks for
different requests, or? Or is it more centralized than that?

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney

Hi,

Is it possible to read from a Session["somevalue"] object in one of the
Global.asax events?
I'm wondering, since I'm not sure if there is one instance of
Global.asax running per app or one for each request.

Thank you.

Regards,

Jim

Juan T. Llibre

re:
the Global.asax file can perform different tasks for different requests

The Global.asax file can perform different tasks for different *events*.