Global.asax

Gomathi

hi all,

I want to send mail during my application crashes.
I wrote my method in application_end event in global.asax.
Its working fine when i'm running through visualstudio.net.
When i tried by stopping my IIS server, it doesnt work.
Where i have to write my method to get fire when my application get crashes?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Gomathi

Scott M.

If the application crashes, how could it process your code?

Application_End won't run at all if the application crashes unexpectedly.
Instead, you should put all tenuous code in Try...End Try blocks and you can
send your email in the Catch sections (or call a routine that sends the
email from the Catch blocks).