Session State

Tam OShanter

Greetings,

I understand that MS State Server can be used for session management, with
many IIS applications using the same state server.

Is there a high availability solution for managing state via. State Server
(clustering, session server farm etc...)?

Like to know my options with MS before I start in on looking at home grown
or other alternatives.

Any and all help/suggestions are warmly appreciated.

B.

Guest

When you say "high availability" that's quite a buzzword, and it means
different things to different folks. State Server and the Sql Server option
are both designed for multi-box web farm scenarios in that any machine "down
on the farm" should be able to access Session State using either method.
High availabilty, yes. Performance compared to InProc session, no.
HTH
Peter

Guest

If you are still thinking about home grown solution, here is a hint: ASP.NET
2.0 supports session state partitioning.

If you consider buying a third party product, you may want to take a look at
www.statemirror.com