session timeout doesn't work

itamar

In the web.xml descriptor file
I set the timeout to be five minutes:

<session-config>
<session-timeout>5</session-timeout>
</session-config>

However when I make an endless loop in the code the session do not
stop.
Why is that ?
How can I kill the session if this kind of loop occurs.

Antti S. Brax

In the web.xml descriptor file
I set the timeout to be five minutes:

<session-config>
<session-timeout>5</session-timeout>
</session-config>

Session timeout means the maximum time between two HTTP requests.
If the client waits more than the session timeout between two
HTTP requests then the session becomes invalid.
However when I make an endless loop in the code the session do not
stop.

Wn endless loop in what code? Client or server?
Why is that ?
How can I kill the session if this kind of loop occurs.

You don't want to invalidate the session. You want to close the
socket connection. And the answer to how to do that that most
likely depends on what application server you use.