    stop.
    Why is that ?
    How can I kill the session if this kind of loop occurs.

    itamar, Feb 21, 2005

  2. wrote in comp.lang.java.programmer:
    > In the web.xml descriptor file
    > I set the timeout to be five minutes:
    >
    > <session-config>
    > <session-timeout>5</session-timeout>
    > </session-config>

    Session timeout means the maximum time between two HTTP requests.
    If the client waits more than the session timeout between two
    HTTP requests then the session becomes invalid.

    > However when I make an endless loop in the code the session do not
    > stop.

    Wn endless loop in what code? Client or server?

    > Why is that ?
    > How can I kill the session if this kind of loop occurs.

    You don't want to invalidate the session. You want to close the
    socket connection. And the answer to how to do that that most
    likely depends on what application server you use.

    --
    Antti S. Brax Rullalautailu pitää lapset poissa ladulta
    http://www.iki.fi/asb/ http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/abrax/hlb/

    Antti S. Brax, Feb 21, 2005