    buu Guest

    how could I handle session timeout event in asp.net?
    I would like to perform some action on database when it happens
    buu, Feb 7, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Feb 7, 2007

  3. On Feb 7, 8:28 pm, Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]
    <> wrote:
    > You can do cleanup, logging, etc. in the Session_OnEnd event in Global.asax.
    > Peter
    >
    > --
    > Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    > Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net
    >

    > "buu" wrote:
    > > how could I handle session timeout event in asp.net?
    > > I would like to perform some action on database when it happens- Hide quoted text -

    There are some situations when session will timeout without the
    Session_onEnd firing. Don't rely on it, and use this event with
    additional check. If it's important to find the timeout, log each
    session in the database (sessionId, date-time), update it (date-time)
    on user activity (and on Session_onEnd) and regulary check if database
    still has any "active" session after certain period of time (=timeout).
    Alexey Smirnov, Feb 7, 2007