Session variable problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Gene, Aug 25, 2003.

  1. Gene

    Gene Guest

    Greetings!

    We are having a problem with Session variables in our .net application
    that I hope someone can assist with.

    our application stores UserIDs in a session variable at login. We have
    an "inbox" aspx page that store user's messages in SQL Server. The
    stored procedure uses to populate inbox uses the Session("UserID") to
    pull the user's messages. Somehow UserA is bringing back UserB's
    messages.

    This problem isn't limited to the inbox aspx page, but to any page that
    uses Session variables.

    Any help would be much appreciated. If you need more info, please let
    me know.

    Best Regards,
    Gene

    Gene, Aug 25, 2003

  2. Are you using a clustered environment by any chance?

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    http://www.takempis.com
    The more I learn, the less I know.

    Kevin Spencer, Aug 25, 2003

  3. Gene

    Gene Guest

    No web farms or anythign like that. We have a single box that has 4
    CPUs.

    Best Regards,
    Gene

    Gene, Aug 26, 2003
  4. Gene

    Gene Guest

    Futhermore, I was talking to our Sys Admin and he said the problem could
    be caused because the client may be running a proxy server. This sounds
    like a viable reason, but we are using cookieless sessions so the URL is
    always unique.

    Best Regards,
    Gene

    Gene, Aug 26, 2003