Session variables and Databind

UJ

I've noticed some odd behavior so I thought I'd ask the question - when you
set a session variable, do you need to do a databind after that? It almost
seems like you need to.

J.

Scott Allen

Hi UJ:

No - no need to do databinding. Are you losing session variables? What
is happening?

Egghead

Hi UJ:

I have this funny behaviour, somehow, I lost the session variables as well.
I know it have nothing to do with timeout or session state setting. I hear
it has something to do with the firewall and security setting.

Egghead

John Timney \(ASP.NET MVP\)

As a guess from your description - Proxy/cache servers and some firewalls
have a nasty tendency to consume your NTLM credentials, thus leaving nothing
to pass between client and server, thus your session is lost as your system
cant maintain the session. Turn on basic and NTLM for your site and see if
you manage to maintain your session to prove if its this.

--
Regards

John Timney
ASP.NET MVP
Microsoft Regional Director

Scott Allen

Hi Egghead:

Are you using inproc session state? Is there anychance the ASP.NET
worker process is restarting? That will drop your session state.

You might try to watch the IE headers [1] and see if you are getting a
new Set-Cookie for ASP.NET Session state in the middle of you browisng
session.

[1] http://www.blunck.info/iehttpheaders.html