Session Variables - Loosing

Jonk Eidersteldvr

Hi,
I am using a web application -asp, ado, C#, using CodeBehind files etc..

I am using "InProc" session state and find that session variables are
loosing their values between one web form and the next. I have used "InProc"
on my development machine and the session variable values are being
maintained between pages.

I copied two of the relevant forms into another application and using
"InProc" session state they maintained their values between forms.

The Global and WebConfig files are virtually identical between applications.

This indicates to me that the problem is somewhere within my application but
I don't know where to start looking from here.

Any suggestions?

Thank You

Mark MacRae

We had the same sort of problem here. It took the better part of a week and
another consultant to help out before we finally gave up and just decided
that .NET has real problems with Sessions.

Our solution eventually was to try commenting out different parts of the
code that was being run before the Response.Redirect. We narrowed the bug
down to a Directory.Move command - which really didn't make any sense to us,
but anyway. A Directory.Move just basically renames a directory on the
server's file system, so we tried instead to create a new directory with the
new name, copy the contents of the old directory over, then delete the old
directory (three lines of code instead of one). And Voila! Session keeps
it's state....