Session_End doesn't fire after uploading new code to live server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ben Fidge, Oct 26, 2004.

  1. Ben Fidge

    Ben Fidge Guest

    I use the session_end in global.asax to perform clean-up of a temporary
    shopping cart table. Shoppping Cart items are stored with a session id in
    the table, and when a session ends a small rountine checks the shopping cart
    table and deletes any stray items.

    This has worked a treat for weeks but stopped working today when I uploaded
    news dlls and aspx pages to the live server using FTP.

    Nothing has changed code-wise and all relevant settings are applied in
    web.config.

    Is this a known problem? The site in question is very busy and I'd like to
    avoid stop-starting IIS id possible.

    Kind regards

    Ben

    Ben Fidge, Oct 26, 2004

  2. Hi Ben,

    > This has worked a treat for weeks but stopped working today when I

    uploaded
    > news dlls and aspx pages to the live server using FTP.

    Offhand, I'd say it has something to do with the new dlls and aspx pages you
    uploaded, in that case.

    > Nothing has changed code-wise and all relevant settings are applied in
    > web.config.

    Then what was in the new dlls and aspx pages you uploaded?

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Oct 26, 2004

  3. Ben Fidge

    Ben Fidge Guest

    Hi Kevin,

    Sorry I wasn't very clear! There was minor changes to some of the pages html
    and some small coding changes to the pages. The code in the global.asax
    hasn't been changed for quite a while though.

    Ben

    Ben Fidge, Oct 26, 2004
  4. Hi Ben,

    Just because you didn't make any changes to the global.asax doesn't mean
    that you didn't make any changes that affect your Sessions, which are
    available to all of your code.

    Here's the thing: Your app worked "a treat" until you performed a specific
    action, which was uploading new code to the app. Therefore, the logical
    first place to look for a problem would be in the new code you uploaded. In
    other words, that is the most likely suspect, and would be therefore, the
    first place to look. Always eliminate the most likely first. If that doesn't
    work, look elsewhere.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer