Sessions across applications - again

Mike

Hello all,

I've searched on this, but I cannot find a definitive answer, nor any
instructions on how to fix it.

I have two applications running on IIS. They're both virtual
directories under the Default Web Server, both are using StateServer
for their sessions. AppA is http://localappserver/appa and AppB is
http://localappserver/appb

I want Session variables from AppA to be available in AppB, and vice
versa.
From what I can see (setting trace on both apps) the SessionID is the
same between applications, which is what I expect. However, if in AppA
I set a variable, then move to AppB, when AppB reads that variable from
the Session, it's Null (not there?). However if I go back to AppA, it
will read the variable from Session, no problem.

I've read that this can't be done, and that this can be done, and that
this can be done but it's not the default setup, but again, can't find
any text to further clarify.

A kick in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike