Sessions when using Framed web site?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXN0b3BoZXI=?=, Jan 25, 2004.

  1. Hello, I currently use session variables to store some basic values on an intranet site internally. However, sometimes those session values do not come through and other time sthey do yet the application keeps running seemingly eventhough pages catch for session-ending. Our intranet site has 4 frames running all the time. When a user signs into the site on one main page (no frames) the session is populated. When the 4 frames load up, are the sessions valid within each frame or should i populate the session variables within each frame as well? Just curious as to how ASP.NET session values are managed on the server side when in a framed environment. Thanks so much!

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXN0b3BoZXI=?=, Jan 25, 2004

  2. This is one of the many reasons that using frames in .NET is generally a bad
    idea.
    Usually you're better off partitioning logical sections of your page into
    web user controls.
    Here's more info:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...n/html/vbconintroductiontowebusercontrols.asp
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbcon/html/vboriwebusercontrols.asp