Set size of JTable inside a JScrollPane

Allan Valeriano

Hi,

I'm inserting a JTable into a JScrollPane which is inserted inside a
JPanel. I'd like to set the size of this JScrollPane to be the same as
the JPanel, so it will show a blank space between the end of my JTable
and the end of my JScrollPane.
I've tryed something like:

table.setPreferredScrollableViewportSize(panel.getSize());

but is not working as I wanted. On this picture, there is a grey space
between the end of the table and the end of the window:
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/figures/uiswing/components/TableRenderDemo.png

This is because the JScrollPane resizes itself, to fit the size of the
table, but I want it not to resize like that if the table is smaller
then the Panel, so there will be a blank space between the last table
row and the end of the JScrollPane and not between the end of the
JScrollPane and the end of the window.

Does anybody knows how can I do that?

Andrew Thompson

Allan Valeriano wrote:
...show a blank space between the end of my JTable
and the end of my JScrollPane.
I've tryed something like:

Please do not wast your time, and our bandwidth,
describing 'something like' the code, input or output.
SSCCE's* and copy/pasted input and output are 1000%
more useful.

* said:
table.setPreferredScrollableViewportSize(panel.getSize());

but is not working as I wanted.

What layouts are you using? (considers) No, answer
that in your SSCCE.
..On this picture, there is a grey space
between the end of the table and the end of the window:
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/figures/uiswing/components/TableRenderDemo.png

I see a white space when I run the code in Java 6..
<http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tuto...moProject/src/components/TableRenderDemo.java
You did try running that code, didn't you? It seems to
behave exactly as you describe you want it to. (Except
the color is white).
This is because the JScrollPane resizes itself, to fit the size of the
table, but I want it not to resize like that if the table is smaller
then the Panel, so there will be a blank space between the last table
row and the end of the JScrollPane and not between the end of the
JScrollPane and the end of the window.

Does anybody knows how can I do that?

Well.. you could use the above linked code, that works,
or change it one line at a time to your needs, and post
the result of the first change that stops acting as you
expect.

(I suspect it is the layouts - or lack of them - that
are used in the code. But only the code will tell
the tale.)

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.athompson.info/andrew/