setting an ASPX variable from ASCX

Darrel

I've figured out how to read a variable in one ASCX file from another. Works
great.

I now would like to have one ASCX file set a variable in its parent ASPX or
another ASCX file. Can that be done? I can't read the variable from the ASCX
or ASPX file, because the control that is setting the variable is being
loaded dynamically, so I can't reference it directly (as the other control
wouldn't necessary know it is there.)

Google returns lots of the opposite...setting a variable in an ASCX file
from ASPX, but not the other way around.

-Darrel