setting form variables on server side

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mordecai Zibkoff, Dec 11, 2003.

  1. Dear sirs,
    I am currently buildng a system for storing user
    interactivity on my asp.net web application, so that I may
    examine the results of user activity at a later time. I'm
    storing various bits of information present in the users
    HttpRequest (Form data, Cookies, Query string data, session
    data, headers, URL, etc.) into a database. I would like to
    be able to extract this data again, and pass it to the
    server, thus loading the page again under the same
    conditions. My problem is I need to setup these conditions
    and redirect to the page from a link on another page. I can
    set headers and cookies and session data, and I can even
    pass query string values through the response.redirect. I
    can even preserve post data from the current request by
    using server.transfer, what I don't know how to do is
    modify the post data so that its the same as the data in my
    persistnce store before redirecting. Please help.

    P.S. I would also like to capture the HTML that was served
    to the user as a result of his request. I'm not clear on
    how to do that either.

    Thanks,
    Mordecai Zibkoff

    Mordecai Zibkoff, Dec 11, 2003