setting up smtp to send an email

Robert Smith

Hello,
I have created a simple asp web page to send an email with the send
button event as attached. However when I click the send button nothing
happens and I know the email address is correct. I don't recieve the email. I
think that this could be because I haven't set up my smtp correctly.
The smtp is set to Default SMTP server with an Unassigned ip address. I'm
using windows 2000 (desktop edition not server). What should my smtp
properties be set to.
Thanx in advance
Robert

<%@ Page Language="vb" Inherits="WebForm1" Src="WebForm1.aspx.vb" %>
<%@ Import namespace="system.web.Mail"%>
<script language="vb" runat="server">
Public Sub btnSendEmail_click(byval sender as system.object, Byval e as
system.eventargs)
Dim ObjSmtpMail as New SmtpMail()
objSmtpMail.Send(txtTo.text,txtFrom.text,txtSubject.text,txtmessage.text)
objsmtpMail=Nothing
End sub