setup.py question

Mike Bates

I'm trying to add the pymedia (http://pymedia.sourceforge.net/) module
to my python installation. Unfortunetly I'm using windows XP, so I'm
trying to do it using cygwin. When I type "setup.py build" or "python
setup.py build" or "python.setup.py install" I get normal compilation
messages and then it errors with this:

In file included from video/libavcodec/common.h:26
from video/libavcodec/avcodec.h:14
from video/libavcodec/imgconvert.c:20
/usr/include/stdio.h:227: error: syntax error before "off_t"
/usr/include/stdio.h:228: error: syntax error before "ftello"
/usr/include/stdio.h:313: error: syntax error before "__getdelim"
/usr/include/stdio.h:314: error: syntax error before "__getline"

I'm not much of a C programmer but I went in and looked at the stdio
code and can't find a problem with it (and this is the stdio that
comes with cygwin so I don't think its bad code). Any suggestions?

Dmitry Borisov

I'm trying to add the pymedia (http://pymedia.sourceforge.net/) module
to my python installation. Unfortunetly I'm using windows XP, so I'm
trying to do it using cygwin. When I type "setup.py build" or "python
setup.py build" or "python.setup.py install" I get normal compilation
messages and then it errors with this:

In file included from video/libavcodec/common.h:26
from video/libavcodec/avcodec.h:14
from video/libavcodec/imgconvert.c:20
/usr/include/stdio.h:227: error: syntax error before "off_t"
/usr/include/stdio.h:228: error: syntax error before "ftello"
/usr/include/stdio.h:313: error: syntax error before "__getdelim"
/usr/include/stdio.h:314: error: syntax error before "__getline"

Mike,
pymedia does not run on cygwin as of now. It runs natively under MSVC6/7 or
GCC Linux. I had some plans to add support for cygwin/mingw32, but only in
1.3.1( 2 months from now ). Also you may post to:
(e-mail address removed), may be somebody did the fix already.
Dmitry/