setuptools/distutil and pywin32

Discussion in 'Python' started by Giampaolo Rodola', Feb 8, 2010.

  1. Hi,
    I have a program which requires pywin32 as a dependancy and I'd like
    to make setuptools automatically retrieve it from internet and install
    it.
    My setup.py script looks like this:

    from setuptools import setup

    setup(
    install_requires = ['pywin32']
    )

    When I run setup.py install I get this error:

    Processing dependencies for psutil==0.1.3
    Searching for pywin32
    Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/pywin32/
    Reading http://sf.net/projects/pywin32
    Reading http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=78018
    Best match: pywin32 214
    Downloading http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/files/pywin32/Build 214/pywin32-214.win32-py2.6.exe
    download
    Processing download
    error: Not a recognized archive type: c:\users\giampa~1\appdata\local
    \temp\easy_
    install-xefzrd\download

    I've googled a lot about this but it seems that as of right now it's
    just not possible to install pywin32 via setuptools but it seems
    pretty strange to me as it is a very important third party module.

    Can someone confirm to me that there's no way to solve this problem?

    Thanks in advance,

    ----

    Giampaolo
    http://code.google.com/p/psutil