Several problems with ASP.NET 2.0 Web Application Project

Guest

Hello.

Trying to develop ASP.NET Web Application Project using Visual Studio 2005,
SP1, Web Application Projects 2005, .NET Framework 2.0.50727.42, ASP.NET
2.0.50727.210, in Visual Basic on a Windows XP Pro, SP2 computer.

I developed a lot of it by using the excellent tutorials by Scott Mitchell
at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa581770.aspx

I am having numerous problems.

I guess the main problem is that when i open my WEB.CONFIG file it displays
63 errors similar to the Message "Could not find schema information for the
element http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0:configuration'."

All 63 errors refer to the same schema information. The weird thing is that
the program runs anyway.

Another problem is When i put a control on a form, running the program does
not display the control where it is placed on the form. If two controls in
design mode are positioned exactly at the same location from the top of the
form, when i run the program, the controls are positioned differently. If
the Tools/Options/HTML Designer/CSS Positioning/Positioning Options is set to
"Absolutely positioned", then why is it not working?
How do i get it to display at run time the way it is positioned at design
time?

Also, Scott Mitchell's tutorials showed how to develop your web application
with a STYLES.CSS file. It seemed to work OK when i first started adding
controls to a form, but now when i add a new control, it doesn't seem to pick
up the same style pattern as the first controls did.

Another problem. I have a LOGINSTATUS control on a form, and it has a
property LogOutPageURL, but does not have a LoginInPageURL. I'm trying to
make it so that when the user clicks on it, it takes them to a LOGIN.ASPX
form. When i run the program and click the LoginStatus control, it gives an
error saying it can't find "/LOGIN.ASPX". I have a Login.aspx, but it is in
a folder called "Login". I guess it can't find it because it is not in the
main project folder. How do i tell it to look in the Login folder?

Any help that anybody can provide to resolve these issues would be
gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

Tony Girgenti

Hello Juan.

Thanks for your reply.

I did what oyu said and it worked until i went into the Web Site
Administration Tool.

There has to be something else that is wrong, because this was not happening
before and i've used the Web Site Administration Tool plenty of times
before.

Thanks,
Tony