several problems with cygwin perl, Activeperl, perlmagick and Apache (Windows)

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Daniela Duerbeck, Dec 21, 2005.

  1. Hi!

    I want to use ImageMagick with PerlMagick and cgis with Apache for
    cygwin.
    My problem is that ImageMagick just works with ActivePerl and cgis just
    work with cygwin perl.
    So I tried to install both but some of my perlscripts that use
    ImageMagick also use bash commands (like "file") and also if I call
    ActivePerl with its complete path it stops because it tells that some
    dlls cannot be found also they are there.

    So my questions are:
    Has anybody succeeded in installing PerlMagick with cygwin perl (that
    would be my preferred solution)

    or

    Has anybody installed both perls and some advice for me?

    or

    Does anybody use cygwin Apache with ActivePerl?

    Thanks a lot in advance,
    Dani
    Daniela Duerbeck, Dec 21, 2005

  2. Daniela Duerbeck

    Ron Savage Guest

    On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 22:08:28 +1100, Daniela Duerbeck wrote:

    Hi Dani

    > I want to use ImageMagick with PerlMagick and cgis with Apache for
    > cygwin.

    OK.

    I personally think you're doing things the hard way by using Cygwin.

    > My problem is that ImageMagick just works with ActivePerl and cgis
    > just work with cygwin perl.

    Those statements are both not true. I use Image::Magick but I certainlydon't
    use ActivePerl. By that I mean the Perl I use is not compiled byActiveState,
    but comes from the same source code they use.

    And I use Apache2 under Windows, and CGI scripts, and never use Cygwin,either.

    If you choose not to use Cygwin, then you can go here:

    http://savage.net.au/Perl.html

    and read up on how to install or upgrade Perl and Apache, and also how in
    install some GNU tools (which includes a discussion about installing
    Image::Magick).

    Then here:

    http://savage.net.au/ImageMagick.html

    you can download dozens of hax (demos) using Image::Magick in Perl programs,
    both from the command line and in CGI scripts.
    Ron Savage, Dec 21, 2005