share a secret between java applet and c# server page

Discussion in 'Java' started by oliviergir@gmail.com, May 1, 2007.

    I have an applet that needs to submit some data to the server via an
    http GET request onto the server (an aspx page written in C#).
    The url called by the applet is going to be visible by the user but I
    need to make it impossible for the user to call that page again later
    with fake data (unless he decompiles the applet code..) .

    What i plan to do but i am not sure at all :
    I suppose that I need a secret (a private key) that will be shared by
    the applet and the server code.
    A unique id (ex: System.currentMillis() +ip ?) generated by the
    applet , encrypted with the private key and send as a parameter "uid"
    to the server.

    On server side, if same uid is receive twice, request is refused.
    If not, I need to make sure that uid was properly "signed" with the
    private key?

    what do you think of that method ?
    could give me sample code to achieve that ?

    , May 1, 2007