    would be updates.

    Thanks in advance for any help,

    Jack

    jack, May 29, 2004

  2. Register the assembly in the GAC.

    "jack" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have about 100 Web Sites on Windows 2003. I have a library that is a

    DLL
    > that has functions I use the Web Sites. If I need to update the code, I
    > have to go and copy over all 100 DLL in the Bin directory of that web

    site.
    > I would like to have all my DLLs in one place and reference them through

    out

    Peter Rilling, May 29, 2004

  3. jack

    jack Guest

    Hello,

    Thanks for answering, wat is the GAC, and how do I register it?

    Thanks for you help,

    Jack

    jack, May 29, 2004
  4. The Global Assembly Cache (GAC) is the way Microsoft allows shared
    components to be install outside of any single application environment and
    still be accessible. Read the following articles to learn about the GAC.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/e...ssemblyintoglobalassemblycache.asp?frame=true
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconassigningassemblystrongname.asp?frame=true

    Peter Rilling, May 30, 2004
  5. jack

    Phill. W Guest

    Peter,

    Is that enough?

    I've had instances where trying to move a project from using a local
    assembly (in the bin directory) to one in the G.A.C. is a proverbial
    PITA. I think it's related to the "Copy Local" setting in Visual Studio
    when you add the reference and "persuading" 'Studio to /not/ look
    locally for the Dll any more was quite an effort.

    Regards,
    Phill W.

    Phill. W, Jun 8, 2004