Short date problem with ASP

sdm

Hi

I am in the process of moving my website from NT4/IIS4 to Windows 2003. Both
server are set to a short date format of (dd/mm/yy) however the Windows 2003
server appears to be ignoring this and continues to display dates in asp
pages as dd/mm/yyyy. Is there a setting in Windows 2003 that I am missing?

Thanks

Stephen

Dominique

just change the datetime format in the regional settings of the win2003
server.
oi?

Steven Burn

Would be time consuming but surely it'd be worth it in the end?

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

sdm said:
Steven

Thanks, I'd though of that but I would have to alter 100's of pages that
display dates without the format function.

Stephen
[/QUOTE]

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

just change the datetime format in the regional settings of the win2003

I don't believe this will work reliably unless you log on as IUSR and change
it for that profile (and also change the default/system). Changing it while
you are logged in changes it only for times when you are logged on. I've
even seen scenarios where an admin or someone can log onto the box and
suddelny the shortdate format changes because they have custom regional
settings.