show/hide tab, depending on login

suzy

hello,

i have a site where i want to show and hide certain things depending on
whether someone is logged in or not. i have a few questions.

what is the best approach for this?

at what level can things be shown/hidden depending on login state? (ie:
individual web controls, entire ascx user controls)

can @outputcache be used with the above scenario? will it work for multiple
users?

can someone point me to a website that has an example please?

many thanks