Show layer and disable clicking other body elements

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Chris, Nov 26, 2007.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Using css how do I get a layer to stack on top of the rest of the
    body's content so the web page user can't interact with any other
    elements/links on the page but that layer?

    My web page

    I can't click on any links while the layer is active

    |----------------------------------------|
    | Layer |
    |----------------------------------------|

    Cheers,

    Chris
    Chris, Nov 26, 2007

  2. Chris

    kailash nadh Guest

    On Nov 26, 6:34 pm, Chris <> wrote:
    > Using css how do I get a layer to stack on top of the rest of the
    > body's content so the web page user can't interact with any other
    > elements/links on the page but that layer?

    > My web page
    >
    > I can't click on any links while the layer is active
    >
    > |----------------------------------------|
    > | Layer |
    > |----------------------------------------|

    > Cheers,
    >
    > Chris

    A position:absolute layer on top of all other layers (right after the
    everything up.
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_class_position.asp

    Kailash Nadh | http://kailashnadh.name
    kailash nadh, Nov 26, 2007

  3. Chris wrote:

    > Using css how do I get a layer to stack on top of the rest of the
    > body's content so the web page user can't interact with any other
    > elements/links on the page but that layer?

    Would you care to explain the reason for wanting that, please?

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 26, 2007