Showcasing dynamic soap proxy with wsdlDriver

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Matt Pruden, Mar 20, 2007.

  1. Matt Pruden

    Matt Pruden Guest

    I'm attempting to convince some naysayers on the values of dynamic
    languages by creating a fully dynamic SOAP proxy at runtime.
    wsdlDriverFactory is working like a champ. I have two questions. 1) At
    runtime, how do I determine what methods were added dynamically to the
    rpc driver and 2) how do I determine the structure of the parameter hash
    to be passed to a given method? For example:

    ws_client =
    SOAP::WSDLDriverFactory.new("http://mywsdl").create_rpc_driver
    # works great

    ws_client.methods
    # ... a big list of methods, is there anyway to see just those that were
    specified in the wsdl?

    some_response = ws_client.mySoapMethod:)key1 => value1)
    # Is there some way to understand what arguments (keys, values) the
    method expects programmatically at runtime?

    Matt Pruden, Mar 20, 2007